BOARD OF VETERANS' APPEALS (CUSTOMER SERVICE): STATUS, INFORMATION AND HELP DESK.
You have reached the Board of Veterans' Appeals (Board or BVA) customer service home page. The Status help desk is under the Chairman of the Board of Veterans Appeals and the Director of Administration. The help desk has been set up to answer your questions, give a status on your case, or direct you to the best possible referral source to answer your questions. We monitor the issues you raise and provide that information to the Chairman and Director.
We are not a chat room, so we are unable to communicate with you as you type. We do however, acknowledge, and respond to every E-mail and the E-mails are answered in the order in which they are received.
All Facebook, Twitter, and Internet addresses will not be answered, nor will political statements, and they will be deleted. We may request verifying information to protect the privacy of our Veterans.
We are unable to intervene in the substance of a claim or require the Appeals Management Center, Regional Office or Medical Center to take specific actions. Claims are adjudicated on their facts and the applicable laws. We are not authorized to intercede in these areas.
- Currently, the Board is generally distributing cases to Veterans Law Judges for adjudication with docket dates up to July 2014.
- Once Board issues a decision (including a remand), we no longer have the authority to act on the appeal. Contact the Appeals Management Center, your local Regional Office or your representative (if you have one to advocate on your behalf). If your residence is in a foreign country, contact the VBA Foreign Service Program.
- If you are seeking legal assistance with a claim, contact your local Regional Office for a list of Veterans Service Organizations in your area.
- If you owe the VA money, contact the Debt Management Center.
- If you wish to report fraud, waste or abuse in any VA program, contact the VA Office of Inspector General.
- If you have an original education claim, contact the VA Educational Benefits Program.
- If you have an original home loan guarantee claim, contact the VA Home Loan Program.
- If you have an original VA life insurance claim, contact the VA Life Insurance Program.
- If you have an original claim as a surviving spouse or dependent, contact the VA Veterans Services Outreach or your local Regional Office.
- If you have an original request for burial and memorial benefits, contact the VA National Cemetery Administration.
- If you are seeking copies of your military records, contact the National Personnel Records Center.
- If you are seeking a medal upgrade, contact the appropriate military department Public Affairs Office.
- If you are seeking information about an upgrade or review of your discharge, complete the application form at Military Discharge Upgrade.
- If you are seeking a correction of your military records, complete the application form at Correction of Military Records.
- If you would like to have a hearing before a Veterans Law Judge, consider requesting a video hearing.
Our mailing address is:
Board of Veterans’ Appeals
810 Vermont Avenue, North West
Washington, DC 20420
For your convenience the Board of Veterans' Appeals has a FAX line. FAX: 1 202 495 6803
We may be reached by our phone number 1-800-923-8387 Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:30pm (Eastern time zone).
For an Email status report on your claim before the Board of Veterans’ Appeals, please state your name, file number and request, click here Ask a Question
If you claim is not before the Board, please note the contact numbers or email for your appropriate Regional Office stated at the bottom of this site.