By Phone: 1-800-923-8387 (Monday-Friday between 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Eastern)
By Mail: Board of Veterans’ Appeals
P.O. Box 27063
Washington, DC 20038
By Fax: (202) 495-6803
By E-mail: For a status report on your claim before the Board click Ask a Question. In your email please be sure to include your name, file number and specific request. PLEASE NOTE that we respond to every e-mail and e-mails are answered in the order in which they are received. We may request verifying information to protect the privacy of our Veterans.
NOTE: If your claim is not before the Board, please contact your local Regional Office (RO).
- Currently, the Board is generally distributing cases to Veterans Law Judges for adjudication with docket dates up to April 2015.
- Once Board issues a decision (including a remand), we no longer have the authority to act on the appeal. Contact AMC via email at email@example.com or call 1-800-827-1000, your RO or your representative (if you have one to advocate on your behalf). If your residence is in a foreign country, contact the VBA Foreign Service Program.
- If you would like to have a hearing before a VLJ, consider requesting a video hearing. Please keep in mind that a Board hearing is entirely optional, and it is not necessary for you to have a hearing for the Board to decide your appeal. Hearings often increase wait time for a Board decision.
- If you are seeking legal assistance with a claim, contact your local RO for a list of Veterans Service Organizations in your area.
- If you have an original education claim, contact the VA Educational Benefits Program
- If you have an original claim as a surviving spouse or dependent, contact the VA Veterans Services Outreach or your local RO.
- If you wish to report fraud, waste or abuse in any VA program, contact the VA Office of Inspector General
- If you owe the VA money, contact the Debt Management Center.
- If you have an original home loan guarantee claim, contact the VA Home Loan Program.
- If you have an original VA life insurance claim, contact the VA Life Insurance Program.
- If you have an original request for burial and memorial benefits, contact the VA National Cemetery Administration.
- If you are seeking copies of your military records, contact the National Personnel Records Center.
- If you are seeking information about an upgrade or review of your discharge, complete the application form at Military Discharge Upgrade (DD Form 293).
- If you are seeking a correction of your military records, complete the application form at Correction of Military Records (DD Form 149).
- If you are seeking a medal upgrade, contact the appropriate military department Public Affairs Office.