Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Attention A T users. To access the combo box on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Press the alt key and then the down arrow. 2. Use the up and down arrows to navigate this combo box. 3. Press enter on the item you wish to view. This will take you to the page listed.
Veterans Crisis Line Badge

Board of Veterans' Appeals


Customer Service

Contact Us

By Phone:        1-800-923-8387 (Monday-Friday between 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Eastern)

By Mail:            Board of Veterans’ Appeals

                           P.O. Box 27063

                          Washington, DC 20038

By Fax:             (202) 495-6803

By E-mail:        For a status report on your claim before the Board click Ask a QuestionIn your email please be sure to include your name, file number and specific request.  PLEASE NOTE that we respond to every e-mail and e-mails are answered in the order in which they are received.  We may request verifying information to protect the privacy of our Veterans. 

NOTE:              If your claim is not before the Board, please contact your local Regional Office (RO).


Helpful Information

  • Currently, the Board is generally distributing cases to Veterans Law Judges for adjudication with docket dates up to April 2016.  
  • Once Board issues a decision  (including a remand), we no longer have the authority to act on the appeal.  Contact AMO via email at or call 1-800-827-1000, your RO or your representative (if you have one to advocate on your behalf).  If your residence is in a foreign country, contact the VBA Foreign Service Program.
  • If you would like to have a hearing before a VLJ, consider requesting a video hearing. Please keep in mind that a Board hearing is entirely optional, and it is not necessary for you to have a hearing for the Board to decide your appeal. Hearings often increase wait time for a Board decision.
  • If you are seeking legal assistance with a claim, contact your local RO for a  list of Veterans Service Organizations in your area.
  • If you are seeking information about an upgrade or review of your discharge, complete the application form at Military Discharge Upgrade (DD Form 293).
  • If you are seeking a medal upgrade, contact the appropriate military department Public Affairs Office.




    Connect with us

    Subscribe to Receive
    Email Updates
    • Benefits:
    • Health Care:
      1-877-222-VETS (8387)
    • VA Inspector General: 1-800-488-8244
    • Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 Press 1


    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Blog
    • Youtube
    • Flickr